Find here improvised home remedies to get rid of tonsil stones without surgery using simple natural home remedies .Read here testimonials of successful tonsil stones removal at home.
Tonsil Stones Home Treatment
Tonsil stones are tiny smelly balls which form on your tonsils, and are often construed to be due to throat infection or tonsillitis. The foul smell is a characteristic which could be like rotten eggs, making you ashamed and nervous. These are not very painful and as the time passes they will start appearing inside your mouth also.
You may be able to cough them up at times. Normally a person would go to see a doctor, who will either prescribe some antibiotics. It is possible that the tonsil stones would persist, even after the dosage of antibiotics is over. It is also possible that some patients would be asked to see an ENT specialist, who will advise more antibiotics or may suggest a surgery. Again there is no guarantee that tonsil stones will not re-appear. After-effects of surgery are pain and inability to swallow food and at times even drinking water could be painful for weeks together.
This is when natural and home remedies come into play. The advantage of the home remedies is that they are inexpensive and yet have no side-effects. It is always advisable to consult your doctor before you administer home remedies, at least for our own satisfaction.
Tonsil Stones Natural Remedies:
1) It is easy to remove tonsil stones when they are small and are yet to harden. Dilute white vinegar with equal amount of water and gargle for 15 minutes. Vinegar removes calcium as well as magnesium salts quite easily. Your mouth may still have some tingling sensation on account of residual vinegar, which can be flushed out after some time by gargling with plain water.
2) Extract the tonsil stone by using an ear bud. Gently touch the stone and rotate the bud carefully and slowly so that you do not feel any pain. Press the stone gently by using the ear bud or ask someone to help you with it. Rinse your mouth with fresh water or by using a diluted solution of any good medicated mouth wash. The chances are that the tonsil stones may fall away without any extra effort.
3) Lemons and Aloe Vera: Make a mixture of lime juice and Aloe Vera juice. Mix a pinch of iodized salt into it. Gargle with the mixture 5-6 times a day. Lemon has plenty of vitamin C which acts naturally against the tonsil stones. Even Aloe Vera has properties to fight tonsil stones naturally.
4) Garlic: This is an excellent medicine against tonsil stones. It has anti-bacterial and antibiotic properties. To treat small tonsil stones naturally, chew some garlic cloves 3 to 4 times a day. You may even gargle the juice of garlic cloves together with virgin oil. This will reduce inflammation of the tonsil stones, if it exists.
5) Apple Cider Vinegar: Take a cup of warm water and add one teaspoonful Apple Cider Vinegar to it. Gargle thrice a day. This will act against the tonsil stones quite effectively.