Skin Pigment Problems
The skin is the outermost covering of the human body. It is meant for protective and defense functions. The color of skin depends upon the pigment, melanin. Melanin is produced by the special cells, known as melanocytes.
Due to damaged or unhealthy melanocytes, melanin production is affected, leading to various skin pigmentation disorders. Skin pigmentation disorders make the skin to appear darker or lighter than normal, or the skin may become blotchy and discolored. When enough melanin is not produced, then it can cause hypopigmentation such as albinism and vitilgo.
When melanin is produced in excessive amount, it causes darkening of skin, leading to hyperpigmentation. Some common examples of hyperpigmentation are melasma, freckles, moles, birthmarks and age spots.
Natural Remedies for Skin Pigmentation Disorders
Skin pigment problems are caused mainly by heredity, overexposure to sun, acne scars, stress, hormonal imbalance or environmental factors like pollution. You should avoid excessive sun exposure. When you go outdoors, apply a good quality sunscreen and use protective clothing.
– Aloe vera can be effectively used to treat pigmented skin. It relieves blemishes and dark spots, leaving clear, rejuvenated skin. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected areas and leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
– Prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and apply it over the face. Keep it for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
– Combine together 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1tablespoon of orange juice and ½ teaspoon of rose water. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and keep it for about 15-20 minutes.
– Avocado, due to its rich content of vitamin E, is the best solution to treat skin pigmentation. Mash avocadoes in milk to make a smooth paste and apply it over the affected areas. You can also use almonds, as they give the same results.
– Face masks like oatmeal mask, sandalwood mask and orange peel pack are found to be beneficial to remove blemishes and dark spots, making the skin clear and glowing.
It causes patchy brown or blue-gray facial skin discoloration that appears on forehead, upper lip, upper cheeks and chin. It is most commonly found in women in reproductive years. It is caused due to sun exposure, use of birth control pills and hormonal changes in pregnancy.
Melasma Natural Treatment
- Lemon juice is one of the effective home remedies for melasma. Since acidic nature of lemon juice helps to peel off the outer layer of skin, it remarkably reduces melasma skin pigmentation. Lemon juice gives the effect of bleaching, reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Apply turmeric powder mixed with warm milk for reducing melasma. It lightens dark skin discoloration and tan.
- Another excellent home remedy is onion juice. Mix equal part of fresh onion juice with apple cider vinegar and apply this mixture using a cotton ball on the face. Regular application of this mixture helps to reduce melasma dark spots.
- Papaya, due to its content of papain, acts as a natural exfoliator and eliminates damaged and dead skin cells. Mash papaya fruit and apply on the face as a mask for about 10-20 minutes. It helps to improve skin tone, making the skin healthier and younger.
Freckles are tanned, flat circular spots, which may multiply and develop randomly on the skin, due to repeated exposure to sun. These spots may typically appear on the skin of upper body areas like nose, cheeks, upper shoulders and arms. The main causes of freckles are genetics and over-exposure to sun. To prevent freckles, you should avoid exposure to sun and when you are outdoors, use sunscreen and protective clothes.
Natural Remedies for Freckles
ü Lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent, which makes the freckles look lighter. Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it on the affected area. Let it soak for about 10 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
ü Another natural remedy to lighten freckles is to apply milk-based mask on the face. The lactic acid present in the milk peels off the top layer of skin and makes the freckles appear lighter.
ü Another method of using milk is whole milk wash. Rub whole milk over your face and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry.
ü Prepare a mixture of mashed strawberries and kiwi and apply it over the face. Allow it to dry completely within 20 minutes. Peel the mask away and rinse your face with cool water. You can also try a combination of cucumber and apricots.
ü Mix a little amount of honey in warm water and apply it on the affected areas. Leave for a few minutes and rinse with warm water.
ü Eggplant is another effective home remedy. Make thin slices of fresh eggplant and apply them on the affected areas. Gently rub them in a circular movement and keep them for about 10-15 minutes.
Hyperpigmentation causes darkening of the skin due to increased melanin pigments. It is caused mainly by excessive sun exposure, genetic factors, aging, injuries and hormonal imbalance. Certain diseases are found to be associated with hyperpigmentation such as Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome, melasma, celiac disease, Cronkite-Canada syndrome, Tinea fungal infection, haemochromatosis and mercury poisoning.
How to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation
- Applying a paste of honey and milk is one of the promising remedies for hyperpigmentation. You can also use curd. Milk and curd contain lactic acid, which peels off dead skin. Honey is known for healing properties.
- Juice extracted from various vegetables such as potato, cucumber or tomato is also beneficial to lighten hyperpigmentation. This remedy is suitable for all kinds of skin types. It soothes the skin and makes it look fresh and younger.
- Since almonds are the rich source of vitamin E, they are definitely good for healthy skin. Soak almonds overnight and prepare a paste of almonds in milk. Apply it over your face and leave for 10-15 minutes. You will find clearer and lighter skin.
- Licorice extract is another powerful remedy. You can apply the licorice extract on the face for 10 minutes. It will remarkably make the skin lighter.
Skin discoloration causes the changes in natural skin tone. It is caused by diseases like liver diseases or albinism, pregnancy, dietary factors and medications such as antibiotics like tetracycline or antimalarial drugs. Discoloration of skin occurs in different ways such as pale skin, redness, orange skin and yellow skin. Skin conditions like rosacea, scars, vitiligo and hormonal imbalance can cause skin discoloration.
Skin Discoloration Remedies
- Strawberry mask, rich in salicylic acid, can effectively work to get rid of skin discoloration. To prepare a mask, add mashed fresh strawberries to a tablespoon of plain yogurt or sour cream. Apply this mixture gently on the face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Olive oil can be used to soften and remove discolored dead skin cells.
- Honey can be used as a natural cleanser to reduce skin discoloration. Apply honey mixed with distilled water or rose water on the face and leave for half an hour.
- Potato is another excellent home remedy to remove skin discoloration and dark skin. Potato skin consists of bleaching substances. Make a paste of potato along with its skin. Apply it on the affected areas and leave for half an hour.
If you are eager to know more solutions to get rid of skin pigmentation problems, you may go through http://skinlighteningreport.improvisedhomeremedies.com/. Here, you will get an instant access to an eBook – Skin Lightening Report. It reveals step-by-step instructions to eliminate skin pigment problems like melasma, freckles, dark underarms, hyperpigmentation and dark circles. Learn more about safe, inexpensive and effective skin lightening remedies to lighten and brighten your skin and regain self-esteem and confidence.
Beautiful, spotless skin is a sign of good health. It gives you appealing and youthful appearance. To keep the skin free of problems, you should protect it from exposure to harmful sun rays and environmental factors and follow healthy lifestyle and adequate diet. In case of any skin disorder, you should opt for natural remedies, which are effective and safe, causing no harmful effects on the skin.