Find here home remedies to cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome permanently . Read these testimonials of Successful IBS cures at home.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder of digestive system that mainly affects large intestine (colon). It is characterized by the symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, bloating gas and constipation. Although IBS causes gastrointestinal discomfort, fortunately it doesn’t cause permanent damage to the intestine.
Symptoms of IBS
Major symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome are abdominal pain, cramps and changes in bowel habits. The pain starts with bowel movements more or less than usual. The stool is looser or more watery or it may be harder and lumpy. The pain usually improves after a bowel movement. Some other symptoms include constipation, diarrhea, abdominal bloating, gas (flatulence), feeling of incomplete bowel movement and passing mucus in stool.
Causes of IBS
IBS is associated with a combination of physical and mental health conditions. Some of the possible causes of IBS are brain-gut signal problems, gastrointestinal motor problems, hypersensitivity, psychological problems, bacterial gastroenteritis, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and food sensitivity.
Natural IBS Treatment at Home
In most people, the symptoms may improve as they understand to manage IBS. You can control IBS by managing your lifestyle, stress and diet.
– Since stress is one of the triggers of IBS, you should pay attention towards reducing stress. It can help to minimize severity and frequency of IBS symptoms. This can be achieved by relaxation techniques like breathing exercises or meditation and physical activities like yoga.
– Quit smoking, as nicotine can trigger IBS flare-ups.
– In many cases, exercise is found to relieve the symptoms. You should try vigorous exercises like brisk walking at least for 30 minutes thrice in a week. In addition, regular exercising helps to improve digestive health as well as reduces stress.
Diet and Nutrition
Adequate modifications in your diet play an important role in controlling the symptoms of IBS. Instead of taking larger meals at once, take the smaller meals for 4-5 times a day.
– Eating foods that contains low amounts of fats and high quantity of carbohydrates such as rice, cereals, pasta, whole-grain breads, fresh vegetables and fruits is preferable to manage IBS symptoms.
– Include foods containing soluble fibers such as oatmeal, beans and fruits like strawberries, apples and grapefruit. Soluble fibers absorb excess liquid in the intestine and help to prevent diarrhea.
– If you are suffering from constipation, then you may prefer insoluble fibers found in bran, whole wheat, salad greens and other whole grains.
– Eating plenty of yoghurt that contains active bacteria like acidophilus is beneficial to control IBS-related diarrhea.
– Foods high in fat, milk products, drinks that contain caffeine or alcohol, drinks with high amount of sweeteners and gas-causing foods like cabbage, broccoli and beans can aggravate the symptoms of IBS.
– You need to stay away from meats, fried foods, dairy products and fatty foods, as they can cause contraction of colon, leading to abdominal pain and diarrhea. Also avoid spicy foods, as they can cause spasm, resulting in diarrhea.
– Avoid chewing gum or candy, as they consist of artificial sweeteners like mannitol and sorbitol, which can cause a laxative effect. Since these sweeteners cannot be digested easily, they are broken down by the intestinal bacteria causing gas and diarrhea.
– Drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water every day is very important to keep the fibers moving smoothly and improve digestive function.
IBS Herbal Remedies
– Drinking a cup of peppermint tea is found to be helpful to relax the intestine, decrease spasm and relieve gas pain.
– You can also consume ginger tea, as ginger helps to relive all types of digestive problems including IBS.
– Herbal teas are helpful to soothe abdominal pain, bloating and gas.
– Apple cider vinegar helps to enhance food breakdown efficiently and improves bowel irregularity by eliminating toxins.
– Another herb, licorice, helps to relive the symptoms like indigestion, gas and bloating.
In addition to these common home remedies, there are some improvised home remedies that can give you instant relief from IBS. Elaine White assures you to cure your IBS completely and permanently within 2 months. She has brought a unique holistic system to cure IBS through an eBook ‘The IBS Miracle’. By following this step-by-step guide, free yourself from bloating, pain, diarrhea and constipation. You will find immediate improvement of the symptoms, quick relief from abdominal pain and bloating, normalization of bowel habits and total cure from IBS. Find more details of this eBook on http://ibs.improvised-home-remedies.com/.
Don’t ignore any health problem, when it is in initial stage. As earlier you start the treatment, you can get better results. The same is applicable for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. With proper diet regimen and timely natural treatments, you can surely overcome uncomfortable symptoms of IBS. Your overall well-being depends upon your digestive health.