Cellulite is a skin condition, which gives lumpy appearance to the skin due to underlying fat deposits. In medical terms, it is referred to as dermopanniculosis deformans, adiposis edematosa, gynoid lipodystrophy and status protrusus cutis.
In colloquial language, it is known as orange peel syndrome, hail damage, cottage cheese skin and mattress phenomenon. It mainly affects females than males after puberty. The most common affected sites are pelvic region, especially buttocks, thighs, lower limbs, lower abdomen and upper arms.
Cellulite can be divided in three grades. In grade 1, no clinical symptoms are seen. In the second grade, the skin appears pallor with lower temperature and reduced elasticity. In grade 3, the symptoms like visible roughness of skin appear in addition to the symptoms in grade 2.
Causes of Cellulite
It is not necessary that only overweight people develop cellulite. Thin people can also have cellulite. In case of obese people, weight loss may decrease cellulite. Some factors responsible for cellulite are poor diet, lack of physical activity, fad dieting, slow metabolism, dehydration, hormonal changes, genetics and lifestyle factors. The amount and visibility of cellulite depends upon total body fat and color and thickness of your skin. Cellulite is less noticeable on darker skin.
Cellulite Natural Treatment
Although cellulite doesn’t cause any health issue, it can bring social embarrassment. Instead of wasting money on medications, you can opt for various natural remedies that are equally effective.
– Self massage is one of the beneficial home remedies. Massaging with a dry brush can help to improve blood circulation to the skin and reduce appearance of cellulite. Use extra virgin coconut oil in combination with dry brushing to moisturize the skin.
– Another effective home remedy is coffee grounds. Coffee grounds help to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. You can combine coffee grounds with cayenne pepper and add this mixture to ¼ cup of moisturizing and nourishing olive oil. Apply it over the cellulite areas. Leave it for about 5 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Cayenne pepper is known for its ability of fat burning and increasing blood circulation and metabolism.
– Exercise is one of the best solutions for cellulite. Exercise helps to lose excess fat, which results in shrinking and reducing cellulite. Exercise also improves blood circulation, making the skin healthy. Simple exercises like jogging, walking, cycling or swimming may benefit to reduce cellulite.
– Cellulite diet includes plenty of natural foods and elimination of processed foods. Oranges and watermelons are the fruits that are found to be very useful to treat cellulite. Oranges contain methoxylated bioflavonoids that stimulate blood circulation and in turn reduce cellulite. Watermelon possesses an antioxidant namely lycopene, which helps to improve blood circulation. Vegetables like asparagus can help to eliminate toxins and improve blood circulation, thus reduce signs of cellulite. Consumption of tomatoes is highly recommended when treating cellulite. Tomato consists of high amounts of lycopene, which helps to prevent collagen breakdown in the skin. Include fibers and whole grains in your diet. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body and keep the skin hydrated.
Some of the powerful herbs used for cellulite treatment are seaweed, grape vine dry extracts, horsetail plant, ginkgo biloba and cooked artichoke.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water and small quantity of honey and apply on cellulite. Rinse with warm water. It helps to minimize the appearance of skin.
- Another effective herb is ginkgo biloba. An herbal tea prepared from this herb enhances blood circulation making the skin healthier. Increased blood circulation allows the transfer of deposited fats from cellulite to muscle tissues and offering the skin a uniform texture.
- Green tea enhances the metabolism process and burns excess fat by controlling the production of fat-absorbing enzymes. Drinking green tea three cups daily remarkably reduces cellulite.
- Taking a seaweed bath can help to re-mineralize and detoxify the skin. Take seaweed bath for about 25 minute in lukewarm water before going to bed.
- You can also try a mixture of lemon juice and cayenne pepper to reduce cellulite. Consume this mixture thrice daily and see the difference.
- Another best natural treatment is juniper essential oil. Add few drops of juniper essential oil to olive oil and massage it over the affected area. Juniper oil, due to its antioxidant properties, enhances blood circulation and makes the skin firm and smooth.
To get some rare, unique tips, visit http://truthaboutcellulite.improvisedhomeremedies.com/. Go through the video presentation to obtain more effective treatment options for cellulite. It will help to eliminate unhealthy, excess body fat, offering tightly-toned, smooth skin.
Cellulite can make feel self-conscious and bring complex. With easy-to-follow and effective natural treatments, you can get rid of those embarrassing cellulite forever. Stay healthy and regain self-confidence.