Find here home remedies to treat Keratosis Pilaris naturally and cure it permanently.Natural treatment using fast acting home remedies can get rid of Keratosis Pilaris at arms,legs,bum or at face quickly without scars.
How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris with Home Remedies
Keratosis pilaris is a common skin problem, characterized by appearance of numerous rough, red colored small bumps on the skin. It mostly affects the backside of upper arms or buttocks. But, in some cases, forearms, thighs, face or scalp are also found to be affected. The affected area appears like ‘chicken skin’ or permanent goose bumps and the skin becomes rough. About 50% of adolescents and 40% of adults are affected by keratosis pilaris. It is most common in people with dry skin conditions and atopic dermatitis. The symptoms of keratosis pilaris may decrease with time. Although this condition is medically harmless, it gives unpleasant appearance; hence to be treated immediately.
Signs and symptoms of keratosis pilaris include tiny, red or flesh colored bumps on upper arms, buttocks, kegs or cheeks. Bumps also appear on the face and make the facial skin rough. The affected area becomes rough, dry and itchy.
Keratosis pilaris results from excess production of keratin, a natural protein present in the skin. Excess keratin is trapped in the pores of hair follicles, forming hard plugs, which cause patches of bumpy, rough skin. The condition usually worsens during winter when humidity level is less and heals during summer. Children, adolescents and women are more likely to develop this problem. People with eczema or ichthyosis are more prone to keratosis pilaris.
Natural Keratosis Pilaris Treatment
Self-help and natural remedies can help to reduce the symptoms and improve appearance of your skin. It might take a long period to disappear the skin bumps completely. But regular and consistent natural treatment gives good results.
– Gently clean the affected skin using mild non-soap cleansers, as soap may make the skin dry. Avoid vigorous scrubbing of plugs, as it can cause irritation. Lightly rub the skin to exfoliate rough skin.
– After cleansing, gently pat dry or blot your skin with a soft towel. Make sure that some moisture remains on the skin.
– Apply good quality moisturizer containing lanolin or glycerin to soothe affected dry skin.
– Consume foods rich in vitamin E that maintains moisture and nourishes the skin. Also add few drops vitamin E oil in bath water and soak for half an hour. It will help to moisturize the skin. Avoid high protein diet, as proteins promote growth of keratin present in the hair follicles.
– Foods with Omega-3 fatty acids are helpful to relieve keratosis pilaris, reduce roughness and improve the skin texture.
– Dilute apple cider vinegar with water and apply it on the affected areas. It is one of the effective remedies to get rid of keratosis pilaris.
– Grind sugar to become granular, mix it with two teaspoons of sour cream and gently rub it on the affected skin.
– Apply yoghurt over the inflamed skin and keep it for 15-20 minutes before taking bath. It keeps the skin smooth and moist.
– Use of coconut oil also helps to improve the symptoms. Apply coconut oil on the skin after taking shower.
In addition to these common home remedies, there are some improvised home remedies to eradicate skin bumps. Obtain more holistic treatment program on http://keratosispilaris.improvised-home-remedies.com/ .Discover homemade, practical and natural solutions in eBook ‘BanishMyBumps’ by Angela Steingberg.
Our first impression is very important in every aspect of life. Don’t carry complex due to skin problem. With proper treatment and adequate lifestyle changes, eradicate the problem completely and face the world with glorious beauty and confidence.