Appearance of gray hair makes any person restless. Gray hair is considered to be the sign of aging. However, nowadays, it is very common to get gray hair in younger age. It is the melanin pigment that imparts natural color to hair. With aging, hair start to lose this pigment and turn gray. Graying of hair occurs mostly after the age of 35. But, in some people, graying can start in early age. Though the condition is not harmful, it can bring embarrassment.
Causes of Premature Gray Hair
Premature graying of hair may be caused by heredity, stress and psychological problems, dietary factors, health conditions like chronic cold and sinusitis, anemia and vitiligo. Women may get gray hair during pregnancy and early menopause. A deficiency of vitamin B12 or pituitary or thyroid gland problems can also cause premature gray hair. Some other reasons for gray hair include unclean condition of scalp, using excessive hot water to wash the hair, use of hair dyes and electric dryer. Smoking is also considered to be associated with graying of hair.
Reverse Gray Hair Naturally
In order to reverse gray hair, you need to bring out some changes in your lifestyle and diet so as to eliminate the underlying root causes for gray hair.
– One of the simplest solutions to hide your gray hair is to change your hairstyle. With a new haircut or style, you can look younger.
– Use of emu oil shampoo is another effective remedy, as it contains omega-3 fatty acids. It provides sufficient nutrition needed for healthy hair. Emu oil shampoo benefits greatly to alleviate various hair problems including gray hair and dry hair.
– Since excessive stress is one of the leading causes for gray hair, you should try to reduce stress with different meditation techniques. Keep positive attitude and maintain cheerful mood to avoid stress. Adequate sleep is also very important for the health of hair.
– Smokers usually tend to develop premature graying of hair. Therefore, quit smoking completely.
– Regular exercising is beneficial for all the body systems and the same is applicable for good health of hair. Exercising improves blood circulation to the hair roots, preventing gray hair.
Diet contributes a lot in retaining the natural color of your hair. Your diet should be loaded with foods rich in vitamin A, B, folic acid, iron and minerals, because deficiency of these essential nutrients can cause premature graying of hair. Foods with high content of iron, zinc and copper are advantageous for the health of hair. A deficiency of zinc can lead to hair shedding, while lower amount of copper can cause decreased melanin. The best sources of zinc are green vegetables, chicken and red meat. Iron can be obtained from eggs, beef, red meat, dried apricots, sunflower seeds and wheat. Almonds, cashews, egg yolks, oysters and crabs are the foods rich in copper. Also include iodine-rich foods like carrots, banana, fish etc. Consumption of foods rich in antioxidants is preferable to destroy free radicals that can damage the hair cells. Avoid processed, fatty, fried and spicy foods. Foods like refined sugar, white flour, jams, jellies and soft drinks should be restricted, as they can develop signs of premature aging like wrinkles and gray hair.
There are various home remedies that recommend the use of ingredients and herbs which are readily available at home. These simple remedies are easy to follow and equally effective.
– Onion juice is one of the effective home remedies for gray hair. You can rub onion juice on the scalp.
– Another effective home remedy is Indian gooseberry. You can drink gooseberry juice or massage dried gooseberry powder in your scalp in combination with coconut or almond oil.
– Henna, mixed with lemon juice and castor oil, makes an excellent remedy for gray hair. Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and leave it for about half an hour. Then rinse with water.
– You can use various herbal oils to massage on hair. A blend of oils like lavender, rosemary, sandalwood, ginger, cedarwood and ylang ylang is beneficial for the hair. You can also add vitamin E oil to this mixture.
– Use of coconut oil is another simple home remedy for treating gray hair. Rub coconut oil on the scalp and hair every night and wash next morning.
– Curry leaves contain essential nutrients to recover hair follicles, preventing gray hair. You can include curry leaves in your daily diet. Another way is to add some curry leaves in coconut oil and heat for a few minutes. Use this oil to massage the scalp.
– Amaranth vegetable is also known remedy to reverse gray hair. Obtain a leaf extract from fresh leaves of amaranth and apply it on the hair scalp.
– Prepare a mixture of grated ginger and a teaspoon of honey. Consume it every day to relieve premature graying of hair.
– You can massage your hair with cow’s milk butter for treating gray hair. This can be repeated twice a week.
If you are really worried about your gray hair and want quick solutions, then you may go through ‘Gray Hair No More’, an eBook authored by Alexander Miller. It describes a simple, easy-to-follow holistic treatment to stop and reverse gray hair naturally, so that you feel confident with a youthful appearance. You can instantly download this eBook from http://reversegrayhair.improvisedhomeremedies.com/ .
Don’t get frustrated due to gray hair. With a perfect combination of balanced lifestyle, nutritious diet, proper hair care and herbal remedies, you can reverse gray hair. Get back your natural hair color. Look younger and feel energetic.