We are gifted with a variety of herbs by Mother Nature, which can be effectively used for medicinal purposes. A large number of herbs are being used for treating various health problems by our ancestors.
Aloe vera is one of the most precious herbs among them, which is known for its amazing medicinal properties. There are approximately 500 species under the genus Aloe, among them Aloe vera is the most common. It is cultivated world-wide for the pharmaceutical purposes.
More than 240 different varieties of Aloe vera are known. They grow well in the arid regions of Asia, America, Africa and Europe.
Nutritious Contents of Aloe Plant
Aloe plant consists of a huge collection of nutritious ingredients. Aloe gel extracted from the leaf is known to contain over 75 nutrients and 200 active compounds that include 20 minerals, 18-20 amino acids and 12 vitamins. Aloe gel consists of vitamins like vitamin A, C, E, folic acid, B1, B2, B3 as well as vitamin B12. You can found a variety of minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, sodium, zinc, manganese and chromium in Aloe plant. Amino acids are most essential for the body to produce proteins. Aloe plant is a rich source of amino acids. Among 8 essential amino acids, seven are present in Aloe plant. In addition, Aloe vera also consists of a long chain of polysaccharides that enhances immune system and increases the absorption rate of the body. The enzymes like lipase and proteases present in Aloe vera help to break down food and promote digestion process. Plant steroids present in Aloe plant give anti-inflammatory effects. Some other compounds present in Aloe plant are lingnibu, saponin, antraquinoner and salicylic acid.
Medicinal Benefits of Aloe Plant
Through comprehensive research, a number of health benefits of Aloe vera are discovered. With its anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, it is known as an excellent home remedy to heal a variety of ailments. It can be used both internally and externally, directly or in gel form. Externally, Aloe vera gel can be used to cure sunburns, acne, boils, thermal and radiation burns, skin rashes and irritation, wounds, wrinkles, psoriasis, dermatitis, warts, hemorrhoids, inflammation in the eyes and insect bites. Aloe gel, when taken internally, helps to reduce inflammation caused by gastritis, arthritis and ulcerative colitis. It can also help to reduce high blood sugar level in type I and type II diabetes. It can be powerfully used to heal various life-threatening disorders like cancer, tumors, AIDS and various immune disorders. Intracellular antioxidant, mucopolysaccharides, found in Aloe vera can be effectively used to treat and prevent heart disorders, arteriosclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
– Aloe vera is an excellent adaptogen, which enhances body’s natural ability to adapt external changes and protect body from illness. It stimulates the immune system of body and promotes the ability to cope with emotional, physical and environmental stress.
– Being a gelatinous plant food, Aloe vera helps to eliminate toxins from the intestinal tract and helps in body detoxification.
– Aloe is also beneficial to cleanse and soothe the digestive tract and improve digestive function. It can be a great remedy for various digestive disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Aloe vera can also help to maintain the balance of healthy intestinal flora and reduce the amount of harmful bacteria. Aloe can be taken internally to get rid of intestinal worms.
– In order to maintain good health, you need to take more alkaline forming foods. However, most people are used to take acidic foods more. Since Aloe vera is alkaline forming food, it helps to maintain the acid-base balance of the body.
– One more important use of Aloe vera is for improving cardiovascular health. Aloe vera juice improves blood circulation, regulates blood pressure and lowers cholesterol levels; thus minimizes the risk of heart disease.
– Due to its anti-oxidant properties, Aloe helps to eliminate free radicals that can contribute to aging process and boosts the immune system.
– Aloe vera is a great tonic for various skin problems. That’s why; it is one of major constituents used in various cosmetics. It can be applied topically to abrasions, sun burns, wounds, cuts, burns and psoriasis. Due to its analgesic properties, it can help to relieve pain of wounds. Due to higher water content, Aloe gel can be used as an excellent moisturizer, which makes the skin soft and glowing.
– Aloe vera can be used in shampoos, or directly applied on hair. It helps to remove dandruff and make the hair silky and shiny.
– Improving digestion and detoxifying body by using Aloe vera helps to promote weight loss.
If you want to know more about this miracle plant, then go through an eBook ‘Aloe- Your Miracle Doctor’ authored by Yulia Berry. This eBook reveals the history of Aloe’s healing abilities and some proven impressive scientific facts, how to take care of aloe plant, more than 130 home remedies for about 80 disorders and homemade beauty remedies using Aloe vera. You can download this eBook from http://aloevera.improvised-home-remedies.com/
With its excellent healing properties, Aloe plant can be considered as a sure solution to almost every health problem. Don’t forget to plant Aloe vera around your home to ensure beautiful skin, glowing hair and overall good health.