Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a common disorder resulting from hormonal imbalance. Usually level of male hormones increases or male hormones become more active.
PCOS is found mainly in women of reproductive age. Polycystic ovaries consist of numerous harmless cysts developed around the edge of ovaries, not bigger than 8mm in size. The cysts are under-developed follicles, which consist of undeveloped eggs.
In PCOS, ovulation doesn’t take place, as follicles fail to release an egg. That’s why, PCOS can lead to infertility. Women with PCOS experience infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods, obesity, acne and excess hair growth.
Symptoms of PCOS
Most common symptoms of PCOS are irregular periods, infertility, depression, acne, weight gain or weight loss, excessive hair growth on face and body and thinning hair on the scalp. Signs and symptoms of PCOS may vary in type and severity from person to person. In order to diagnose the condition, the factors like menstrual abnormality, elevated levels of male hormones called androgen and polycystic ovaries are taken into consideration. If left untreated, PCOS can cause the complications like infertility, miscarriage, thyroid disorders, cardiac disorders, liver diseases, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea and high blood pressure dyslipidemia.
Causes of PCOS
The exact causes of PCOS are not clear. However, several factors are known to contribute to PCOS, such as excess production of insulin, low-grade inflammation, heredity, abnormal fetal development and increased levels of male hormone, androgen. Elevated androgen levels can lead to weight gain, excessive hair growth, acne and problems with ovulation.
How to Cure PCOS Naturally
Natural treatment options for PCOS can help to manage the symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome and live a healthy life. Natural approach aims at maintaining the hormonal balance, balancing the secretion of female hormones like estrogen and progesterone, relieving the symptoms like irregular menstrual periods and infertility, dissolving ovarian cysts and restoring ovulation and menstrual cycle.
– Being overweight can increase the risk of developing PCOS. Hence, it is necessary to maintain healthy body weight. Proper weight loss can help to reduce androgen and insulin levels and restore ovulation process, eliminating the infertility problem. Maintaining healthy body weight also lowers the risk of high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and diabetes. You can achieve healthy body weight with regular exercising and balanced, nutritious diet.
– Being physically active is very important to prevent any kind of health problem. Make exercising an essential part of your daily routine. Exercises can help to control body weight, improves muscular strength and boosts immune system. It also helps to decrease cholesterol levels and keep the blood pressure under control. You can choose some simple exercises like walking, jogging or swimming.
– Stay away from smoking, as smoking can elevate the levels of androgen, increasing the risk of PCOS. Also, you need to quit alcoholism.
Avoid high-fat, high-carbohydrate foods, as they can increase the insulin levels. Instead, choose complex carbohydrates with high fibers such as brown rice, whole-grain breads and cereals, barley and beans. Strictly avoid processed foods, which may contain artificial preservatives, additives and colorants. Intake of nutritious, balanced diet is recommended for overall good health. Diet loaded with fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fibers can help to maintain healthy body weight. Include fish, lean meat, poultry as well as low-fat milk, cheese or yogurt in your diet. Drink plenty of water daily, as it helps to flush out toxins from your body.
There are a variety of herbs which can be effectively used to cure PCOS. Since the herbs are obtained from natural sources, they don’t cause any side-effect and give excellent results.
- Licorice root can help regulate proper production and release of hormones. Licorice also helps to maintain insulin levels and improves liver health to support hormonal balance.
- Maca maintains the balance of estrogen and progesterone levels in the body to regulate menstrual cycle. It nourishes the endocrine system and improves its functioning.
- Vitex extract (chaste tree berry) is another powerful herb used to maintain women’s fertility and menstrual health. Vitex supports hormonal balance and eliminates the root cause of PCOS.
- Tribulus may be beneficial to normalize ovulation in infertile women. It is an excellent remedy for the women with menstrual irregularities. It improves menstrual cycle and nourishes female reproductive system.
- Cinnamon is used to lower blood sugar levels and enhance the production of insulin.
- Dandelion root consists of a variety of vitamins and minerals that are good for healthy skin. It helps to alleviate skin problems like acne due to PCOS.
To get more solutions for healing PCOS, you must go through ‘PCOS Unlocked: The Manual’, an eBook authored by Stefani Ruper. This comprehensive guide explains in detail about root causes and solutions of PCOS. By following the remedies given in this eBook, you can experience regular ovulation, elimination of ovarian cysts, fertility, weight loss and restored menstrual cycle. You may download this eBook from http://pcos.improvisedhomeremedies.com/ and obtain more details about it.
In a nutshell, you can overcome the symptoms of PCOS by following healthy lifestyle, balanced diet and regular exercise regimen. Natural remedies also give good results with regular and consistent use. Restore your reproductive function and stay healthy.