Yeast Free Candida Diet
Candidiasis is a type of fungal infection resulted from the overgrowth of a yeast called Candida, mostly Candida albicans. This type of yeast is present on the skin, in the gastrointestinal tract, in the mouth and in the vagina in women as a normal flora and doesn’t cause any harm. Due to certain health problems and medications, the yeast tends to grow and multiply in warm, moist areas of the body such as skin, mouth, vagina and penis.
It can cause the symptoms like red, itchy skin leaking fluid, white patches inside the mouth or on the tongue and leakage of thick, white vaginal discharge with itching or burning. Some of the contributing factors for Candidiasis are weakened immune system due to certain health conditions or medications, pregnancy, diabetes, high-sugar diet, smoking, food allergies and intolerance, use of steroids, oral contraceptives, antacids or long-term use of antibiotics. In some rare cases, Candidiasis becomes life-threatening, if it infects blood stream or vital organs like heart or liver.
How to Prepare Yeast Free Diet Recipes
Candida yeast infection can be treated in several ways. To follow yeast free Candida diet is one of the effective treatment options. The yeast free Candida diet is designed especially for those who have yeast intolerance, which allows the overgrowth of inhabitant Candida yeast. Yeast free diet means the diet free from foods that contain high amounts of yeast such as cookies, bread, pastries and other starchy foods. Yeast free Candida diet is a dietary program that includes low intake of high-sugar foods and yeast foods that can create a favorable environment for Candida yeast to overgrow. The duration of Candida diet depends upon severity and duration of symptoms.
Yeast free Candida diet is administered in three phases such as eliminating the Candida overgrowth by restricting specific food intakes in the first phase, reintroduction of restricted foods and identifying the triggers in the second phase and gradually switching to regular diet excluding the foods that may affect immune system. In the first phase of elimination, foods with starches, dairy, sugars, gluten, preservatives, processed meats and foods that contain molds and chemical additives are avoided. In the second phase, the foods that are refrained in the first phase are re-introduced for identifying the triggers. In the third phase, you are shifted to regular diet excluding the foods to which you are sensitive.
There are particular foods that should be included and avoided in the yeast free Candida diet.
Foods to Include
– Non-starchy vegetables are recommended as they make the Candida starve of sugar. Non-starchy vegetables like avocado, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cucumber, eggplant, raw garlic, olives, onion, spinach, tomato and zucchini should be bought fresh and eaten raw, grilled or steamed.
– Include probiotic yoghurt in your diet, which enhances population of good microbial flora. The live bacteria present in the yoghurt helps to eliminate overgrowth of Candida yeast and restore the balance of normal flora.
– The meats like chicken, beef, turkey and lamb are recommended. You are suggested to eat only fresh and organic meat.
– You can take fish like sardines, wild salmon, herring and anchovies. But, take precaution that the fish are fresh or packed in water or olive oil.
– There are certain nuts and seeds such as almonds, hazelnut, coconut meat, flax seed, pecans, walnuts and sunflower seeds that can be included in yeast free Candida diet. These nuts are nutritious with less mold content.
– Non-glutinous grains like millet, oat bran, buckwheat and quinoa are rich in fibers, improving the digestive function and eliminating Candida toxins.
– A variety of herbs and spices due to their antioxidant and antifungal properties can be included in yeast free Candida diet. The herbs and spices like basil, oregano, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, dill, garlic, ginger, paprika, rosemary and thyme can help to improve blood circulation and decrease inflammation.
– You can also use cold pressed oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, flax oil, sesame oil and red palm oil.
– Beverages like coffee, ginger tea, peppermint tea, cinnamon tea and licorice tea may also work.
Foods to Avoid
– You need to avoid starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, yams, peas, beets and beans.
– Avoid eating processed meats such as bacon, lunch meat and spam, as they contain high amounts of dextrose, sugars, sulfates and nitrates. Vacuum packed or smoked meats should also be avoided.
– Stay away from condiments and soft drinks due to their high sugar content.
– Alcoholic beverages like beer, wine, spirits, liquors and cider should be avoided, as they are high in sugar, causing overgrowth of Candida.
– Many people suffering from Candidiasis are highly sensitive to gluten. Therefore you need to avoid foods with high gluten content such as breads or pasta made from rye, wheat, oats or barley.
– Almost all dairy products like milk, cheese, buttermilk, cream and whey products, due to their lactose content, should be avoided. However, you can have butter, ghee, kefir and probiotic yoghurt.
– Nuts like peanuts, cashews and pistachios need to be excluded, because these nuts consist of a high amount of mold, which can worsen the Candidiasis infection.
If you are looking for more yeast free diet recipes, then Whitney Frazier has brought about 250 yeast free recipes in her eBook, namely ‘Yeast Diet’. These recipes are divided into 13 categories like breakfast, lunch, dinner, dressings, mixes and sauces, main dishes, meats, soups, snacks, salads, breads etc. All the recipes are free of any kind of sugars, soda, dairy products, yeast or fermented foods, vegetable oils and margarines, making them ideal for Candida sufferers. Following this easy step-by-step guideline, you would be free from irritating symptoms of yeast infection within a short period of time. You can get instant access to this eBook on http://theyeastdiet.improvised-home-remedies.com/.
In a nutshell, Candida yeast infection can be cured if treated immediately with good natural treatment along with adequate diet. The sufferer should strictly stick to yeast free Candida diet to get better results. Consistently followed diet regimen ensures early relief from uncomfortable symptoms of Candida infection.