When a person experiences loud sound due to partial obstruction of breathing while sleeping, it is referred to as snoring. Partial blockage of airways occurs due to the relaxation of tissues in the throat that results in vibrations. It results in harsh, irritating sounds. It causes disturbances in your and your partner’s sleep. Snoring is common in overweight and elderly people.
Success Stories >> Read Testimonials of Curing Snoring Permanently
Causes of Snoring:
Some of the common causes of snoring are obstruction in the nasal passage, accumulation of fat in and around the throat, and chronic nasal congestion. Obesity and alcoholism are responsible for snoring. Snoring may be associated with a sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnea.
How to Stop Snoring Naturally
You can get rid of snoring with several different natural remedies at home. With certain lifestyle changes, proper diet, and changes in sleeping position, you can easily overcome this problem.
– Since being overweight is one of the main causes of snoring, try to lose weight by adequate diet and exercise regimen. Excess fat accumulated in the throat can lead to airways blockage causing snoring. Hence losing weight can be helpful in getting rid of snoring.
– Avoid consumption of alcohol and sedative at bedtime. Also, avoid smoking, as tobacco smoke causes irritation of mucous membrane. It results in swelling of the throat and makes the airway narrow.
– Try to sleep on one side. If you have a habit of sleeping on your back, it makes the tongue fall back into the throat, resulting in narrowing of the airway and partial obstruction of airflow. So, sleeping on the side can help to relieve this problem. To maintain the sleeping position, you can take the help of a body pillow that supports the entire body.
– Keeping the nasal passage open and clear is very important, especially if snoring starts in the nose. If your nose is blocked, it causes fast-moving air through the passage, which results in snoring. Taking a hot shower before going to bed can be helpful to keep the nasal passages open.
– Allergens like dust mites present in the pillow can be one of the reasons of snoring. Keep your pillows clean regularly and replace them after every six months.
– Drink an adequate quantity of water and fluids daily and stay hydrated. Dehydration makes your nasal secretions and soft palate become sticky, which in turn creates snoring.
Home Remedies for Snoring:
- Consume 1 cup of warm milk added with 1 teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of pepper at bedtime. You can also try a combination of warm water and honey. Herbal tea or green tea is also a good option.
- Dissolve ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder into a glassful of warm water. Take it every day at bedtime.
- You can also try another simple home remedy, i.e. putting 2 drops of warm clarified butter or brahmi oil in each nostril. It helps to keep the airway hydrated.
Best Treatment for Snoring
After understanding these common natural remedies, if you want to go for improvised home remedies for snoring for better and faster results, then just check out http://snoring.improvised-home-remedies.com/. Christian Goodman, a creator of the Stop Snoring Exercise Program, has provided excellent information about holistic methods to stop snoring. Another advantage of e-books is that they can be easily downloaded.
Forget the snoring problem forever by implementing certain lifestyle changes, healthy diet regimens,s and above mentioned easy natural remedies. You can get rid of this problem with these simple solutions at home. So, enjoy sound and peaceful sleep and start a new day with a fresh mind.